Medical and hospital errors are the third-leading cause of preventable deaths every year in Canada. They kill 8,000 to 12,000 people annually and cause injury to tens of thousands more.
You put your trust in the hands of healthcare professionals. When they break that trust by causing harm, they can alter your life – even end it. Our medical malpractice lawyers help you recover damages when you’ve been harmed by the healthcare profession.
Common Malpractice Errors
While the types of malpractice errors are many and varied, these are the most common:
- Pre-natal testing errors leading to a wrongful birth
- Birth injuries to your baby and obstetric malpractice
- Misdiagnosis, a failure to re-diagnose, or a delayed diagnosis
- Anesthesia errors during surgery
- Surgical errors
- Negligent or substandard care in a hospital or nursing home
- Errors that lead to cerebral palsy
- Medication and prescription errors
- Errors that lead to wrongful death
Our Medical Malpractice Lawyers Help People Across Ontario
From our office in Brampton, our medical malpractice attorneys work for people and families in Toronto, across the Greater Toronto Area and throughout Ontario to recover damages suffered as a result of errors and mistakes made by doctors, hospitals, and other healthcare people.
Our job is to fight for you. We make sure that the medical profession upholds its ethical code of conduct, holding it accountable for its involvement in your loss.